MBBS In India

MBBS in India is one of the highly preferred courses by medical aspirants worldwide. The strong education structure, sincere professors, and top-hole medical universities in India are paving the way for success. To secure admission for MBBS courses in India, the aspirants are required to appear in NEET. A healthy and peaceful environment in India helps the students to acquire knowledge more quickly. MBBS in India demands a student to get at least 50% in the 10+2 examinations. The duration of MBBS courses in India is 5.5 years. The first 4.5 years is allotted for the classroom training, and the rest is for the internship course. If you are thinking of earning an MBBS degree from a recognized university, India is a great choice. WHO, NMC, and UNESCO approve all the top medical colleges in India. To apply for MBBS courses in India, the aspirants are advised to pay keen attention to the critical dates. In India, the academic year for MBBS courses starts in September or October, and students can start applying in June and July.

Every year millions of students dream of studying medicine. However, only a few manage to secure MBBS admission in India. Getting an MBBS seat is a highly competitive affair. More than 18 lakh aspirants compete every year to get a seat in the renowned medical college in India. The very first challenge candidates face getting MBBS admission is qualifying for the NEET.

The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET exam once a year. NEET-UG is the single national level entrance test conducted for MBBS admission in India, as recognized by the Supreme Court of India. Admission to over 2,000 MBBS seats in AIIMS institutions and 250 seats in JIPMER is also granted through the NEET exam. A total of 600+ medical colleges, 15+ AIIMS, and 2 JIPMER institutions grant MBBS admission based on NEET results. Comparing the MBBS seats and the number of aspirants who appear in the exam, the competition for MBBS admission in India is increasing exponentially.

The screening process of NTA for MBBS admission is very strict and based entirely on merit in the NEET exam. After announcing the NEET result, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) conducts the further MBBS admission process. MCC grants MBBS admission to 15% All India Quota, deemed/central universities/Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), and Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) institutes. MBBS admission to the remaining 85% state quota seats is granted by the counseling authorities of the respective state.

Why Studying Medicine In India?

  • Quality Education: India has a long-standing tradition of providing high-quality medical education. Several medical colleges and universities in India are internationally recognized and renowned for their rigorous academic programs, experienced faculty, and well-equipped facilities.
  • Affordability: Compared to many other countries, the cost of studying MBBS in India is relatively affordable. Tuition fees and living expenses in India are generally lower than in countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, or Australia.
  • Diverse Clinical Exposure: India has a diverse patient population, providing medical students with exposure to a wide range of medical conditions and diseases. This allows students to gain practical experience and develop a strong foundation in clinical skills.
  • English Medium Instruction: Many medical colleges in India offer instruction in English, making it easier for international students whose first language is English to pursue their studies without language barriers. However, it's important to note that fluency in the local language can be beneficial for interacting with patients during clinical rotations.
  • Recognized Degrees: The MBBS degree obtained from Indian medical universities is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which is the regulatory body for medical education in the country. This recognition can facilitate the process of practicing medicine in India or applying for licensure in other countries, subject to their respective requirements.
  • Career Opportunities: India has a vast healthcare industry with a growing demand for qualified medical professionals. After completing their MBBS, graduates can pursue various career paths, such as clinical practice, research, teaching, or specializing in different medical fields.
Enquiry Now